Saturday, January 3, 2009

We rescued a Woodpecker....

2)It was lete Saturday afternoon, so I couldn't reach any Animal Shelters run by county. All answering machins and some takes only cats and dogs.......then I remembered!
"Flamingo Garden..." where I often go to take pictures, the other half of their name is, " ...and Wildlife sanctuary" !! I called them on Sunday morning, their clinic would take him!! I drove there and gave him to professional hands. Get well, birdie!
1)I am not writing here as often as before, but it's been a year since I started this blog.
Not so many things happen everyday, even not small things.
But today, there's something special. We found a Red-bellied Woodpecker on the ground.
Three kids were trying to reach him in the bush just outside of my window, so I went out and help them. He couldn't fly and tried to hide in the bush and stuck in branches, when I finally picked him up with a soft towel, he didn't resist much. Legs look all right, wings look OK, too, but he couldn't fly......for the night, we kept him in the box and let's see if he would gain some strength to fly away. I tried some water from the straw, and he took some!!!!

No comments: