Monday, March 23, 2009

Art Fair

My tent and my shop keepers...?! The one is sleepy because she got up at 5 am.....

Weston ArtWalk and Showtime.....Sunday, March 22, 2009
My first participation in Art Fair, I was given a 10 x 10 feet tent, and three 6 feet long tables, to sell Photos, Weavings, Paintings, Beads Bracelets and earrings, little dolls......etc etc.
It was fun, to see people's reactions to my products, to talk to strangers, to know other artists....but I didn't know a lot of things I should know, fex, how to "show" my art to attract people in better way, what kind of things people buy or not buy, pricing.......next time I will do better.
We were up at 5 am, had to be there at 6:30am, setting up must be done by 9:30 am, and ArtWalk was opened at 10 am and closed at 5 pm. Very nice buildings and palm trees around, the main street where our tents were, was beautiful and clean, the weather was perfect (except occasional gusty wind, that was crazy!!) it was a very nice Sunday.
I didn't make enough money to cover the expenses....and the money I made was gone for the dinner after the ArtWalk with my daughter, her friend, and my niece (she had some paintings to sell at my tent) who stayed all day and helped me, but it was worth. Thank you!

No comments: