Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My lens gone again and my contact lens....

5/20/09 I went back to Long Key Nature Center with my friend again, and took a lot of photos of these birds. Later that day, I checked them with my computer and found a shocking fact.....yes, actually, after my 300mm lens came back from the repair, I haven't taken a lot of photos until this day but I've been thinking, hummmm..I am taking a lot of blury photos recently....but it wasn't my fault! All (over 100) photos taken with 300mm lens this day, were not sharp, I couldn't notice in the camera's small LCD, but all blury in a strange way. Then I finally came to conclusion, the shocking fact, that AUTO FOCUS is not working!!!
I called Sigma and sent the lens back to NYC for repair again, but what about my time - 3 hours? and my pics - close to 200? all wasted! Not fair!!
A few pics survived.....this is a Cattle Egret Mom with her baby....

5/22/09 After the bird shooting at Long Key on 5/20, I stopped by at Flamingo Garden, too, and found a lot of nice flowers but the pics weren't good. So I went back to the Garden again.
It was a rainy day....I was in a rain jacket, holding umbrella and tripod....so keep the camera up to take pics were very hard job!! I don't usually feel it, but the camera's so heavy!
I love rain drops so it was very interesting shooting, I got soaked wet through my jacket, my jeans also wet to keep my camera safe!
Adding to the loss of my 300mm lens to repair, I lost my right contact lens this day....
onto the dirt of the foot of my object...a beautiful flower I was shooting with Macro lens.....
I couldn't find it, I came home with one eye.....almost....with lots of rain pics....anyway.


No comments: