Saturday, March 23, 2024

3/23/2024

 I am so sad, feel bad and helpless. This is the story 

I found a cat 10 days ago in my front yard.  He wasn't scared of me, he came closer with these eyes.

He was so polite and gentle, he let me hold him, put bandages on his right leg, when I cleaned him up with paper towels, he liked it and coo-meow sounds were so cute.

Unfortunately I can't keep him and he had a cut in his right leg, I trusted the Broward county shelter saying that you found a lost cat and he has some kind of injury, bring him immediately. 

I did, hoping he would get a good treatment.  I was a little worried if they put him sleep after a certain period if nobody wanted him but they said that there's "community cat " program, after..... don't remember she said one week or two weeks.....they put him back where he was found.  

So he might come back to my front yard anyway..... could encourage him to stay in my backyard? But he is definitely the type he is used to sleep with people, I will always feel guilty seeing him outside....what should I do...??

Then I got busy, I couldn't make a "Found Cat" flyer and put it in my neighborhood, I couldn't visit how he's doing........Finally today I was ready with the flyer and went to the shelter to make sure he's there.

The personnel looked in their records with my name and date I left him, then said "He didn't make it "

????? Didn't make...from what? From the small cut? The just killed him because he was not a kitten, he had a scabbed ear, he had a lower chance to be picked up.....

I didn't say anything, just thanked and left, it was my fault, I brought him here to die....😭😭😭😭😭

He was such a great kid, quiet and good natured, trusted me, but I sent him to hell 😱

I tried to think that the morning I picked him inside and cleaned him, listening him ゴロゴロmeaw and feeling vibrating his throat, watching him rest on a big pillow.... he felt a relief? He might had wondered a few days or more after he lost, he must have been exhausted, he felt good on the pillow? He remembered his family's touch from me? A little bit felt happy?

But he died.....why? he was such a great cat, anyone would want to adopt him!! 

No comments: